First Baptist Church Tahoka
In a letter written on January 29, 1943, Mrs. Ella Fenn Fletcher recalls her version of the organization of this church as follows:
"The Tahoka First Baptist Church was organized in the summer of 1902 at the home of W.T. Fenn 10 miles north of where Tahoka now stands. It was organized by Dr. Pharr with seven charter members. They were Dr. Pharr, his wife, and two daughters; Mrs. J.H. Lea, Mrs. W.T. Fenn, and Ella Fenn; Dr. Pharr, pastor, and Ella Fenn, church clerk. The Church met in the Fenn home unltil Lynn county was organized and Tahoka was built, when the church met in a tent, later in the courthouse until their building was erected. Bro. Ira Parrack was called as pastor following Dr. Pharr."
Directions to our church (heading south on HWY 87)
Continue south on 87 and exit on 380.
Turn right (west) on 380 (Lockwood).
Continue heading west. Pass Ave K. and turn right (north) into main parking lot.